Friday 6 April 2012

"A French Affair" with My French Laundry

Bonjour!

Hope you are all enjoying the Easter long weekend so far!


Well, this morning I was up at 5.45am and could not get back to sleep - crazy, after a day of painting yesterday! I was so excited to write about an inspiring website My French Laundry. I love everything French! French food, French furniture, French fashion, French music... and now French Laundry!!!


For someone who loathes ironing, I got up, popped on my "Something's Gotta Give' soundtrack, pulled out the ironing board & was spritzing my new French Ironing Water. It smells nothing like the chemical based ironing spray's do and you can safely use it to freshen up your bed linen & towels (I sprayed some over the bedspread this moring too). I was very excited, because I ironed a really beautiful pure linen French Table Runner I hardly ever use & now will be using it at my Easter Brunch tomorow! 


I then pulled my work uniform off the line which I had washed yesterday with my little sachets of French Laundry Powder's. They smelt so good! I was suprised that the wash did not froth up, but, as I read on the website - this is beacuse it is chemical free! I had no idea that the suds & froth you normally get from washing is usually to do with the syntheic chemicals that get added to washing products.


I also received some beautiful little tubs of Body Creme's & Body Powders. The Creme's are very rich & wonderfully scented. If you like luxury, foral & spice - these creme's are perfect. The scent stays on you & you feel "sensually French" if there is such a thing?! : ) These are sample sizes, but they are just as pretty as the retail ones!
LOVE the packaging!

I have never used a body powder & had always associated them with "Nanna" beauty products. So I was very interested to see what the ones I was kindly sent were all about. I loved the scents & the silky feel it made on the skin. A little hint is to place the sachets in your draws once used to keep everything scented. It made me feel very French when using - so if you are a beauty addict who wants something a little different, these are a must try!


The best thing about the products from My French Laundry is that they are actually made in France from plant derived ingredients. They have no sulphates, chemicals, phosphates and dyes, making them 100% biodegradable. They are NOT tested on animals. Plus, the description on the website is exactly what you will receive.

WARNING! You will definitely be transported into another world (clearly stated on the website). Perhaps country-side France or the sophisticated streets of Paris : )

Something else I wanted to mention, is that you can get beautiful "Sample Boxes" for around $40 if you want to get a feel of the products. I think they would also make lovely little party favors for Kitchen-Tea's or even just afternoon-tea with the girls which I am now inspired to do!

Hope this has inspired you to actually enjoy doing Laundry... I know it's a chore that usually has no joy, but if there is one or two products out there that can give you some inspiration, then My French Laundry is a MUST TRY! xx


PS. While we are on the "French" subject, Something's Gotta Give soundtrack is the best French Weekend inspiration! I adore the interior design from that movie & try base my house on it!


The Hampton's has a very "French" feel & is relaxed, beachy yet stylish.


       Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment