Monday 2 April 2012

Raw Chocolate Truffles

Hey Guys,



With Easter just around the corner, the shops have slashed the prices on all the Chocolate eggs & bunnies. I indulged in a Gold Lindt Bunny the other day... It was 25% off!!! So at the time, I felt less guilty ; )

 Easter is a time of pure indulgence - we are made to feel good about stuffing our faces with sugar & fat only to be left in chocolate remorse after the long weekend!

I am a self-confessed "Chocoholic" & will have some nearly every day! However, I have always been aware of ethical Fair-Trade chocolate but never really looked too much into it until now. It is not just about a "gimmiky" name, but about 4 Global issues that I want to be conscious of when selecting my chocolate:

1. Communities
2. Economies
3. Environmental Impact
4. Slavery & Child Trafficking

So, in the spirit of Easter, here is a decadent 
Dairy-Free, Raw Chocolate Truffle
recipe that uses ingrediants that are fair-trade & Australian Certified Organic!



Ingrediants:

1/2 C CACAO Gold
1 1/2 C Almond Meal (Processed in food processor w/ organic almonds of your choice)

Directions:


1. Mix ingrediants together until combined thoroughly
2. Pop in to freezer for 2-5 mins to make mixture more moldable
3. Line a tupperware container with baking paper (cut an extra sheet same size)
3. Take mixture out of freezer and start rolling into chocolate balls
4. Place truffles onto baking paper & put back into freezer to store until ready to eat
* Coconut oil liquifies at room temperature, so must keep in freezer/fridge

These truffles are AMAZING and have so many health benefits from the Cacao to the Coconut Oil - YES!! Coconut oil is good for you! It has no cholesterol & actually stimulates thyroid function which increases your metabolic rate. Use it for hair, skin & cooking aswell. Cacao is very high in antioxidant flavonoids & will give you a feeling of well-being!



1-2 of these little guys are rich enough for you to get your chocolate fix, without over indulging!

Alternative to giving chocolate this year OR spoil yourself!
Instead of giving lots of chocolate, how about 1 fair-trade Easter Egg (Cadbury Dairy-Milk is good) or some Choc Truffles with a pair of slippers or a scarf!
 It's starting to turn cold & it's a family tradition on my Mum's side! How nice to receive a cozy pair of slippers or a colourful Autumn Scarf that you can keep & actually use??


Hope this has saved you from over-indulging this year & good-luck in making your own raw chocolate too!!

For more infomation on Fair-Trade Chocolate, please click on the link below : )













3 comments:

  1. Very sweet, I love the alternative gift ideas :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum I love making raw chocolate truffles too and usually freeze them for whenever I need an intense choc hit. Sometimes I add macca too for some added superfood goodness. So obsessed with raw cacao and all things coconut at the moment, I'm inspired to make a new batch!

    http://niki-under-the-influence.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niki & Welcome :) Raw cacao is awesome! Love Macca too - there's a great pre-blend of macca/cacao that I've purchased in the past (can't remember the brand though)?! Will have to have another look for it. By the way, just checked out your blog & I love it!! I'm now a follower :) PS. If you are on Facebook - I have a page where I pop up little extras & all my links to here - just search for inspirecarlyblog if you would like to follow on FB too. xx

      Delete