Wednesday 25 April 2012

Inspirational Gift Ideas


Hello!


I have recently come across some inspiring places/online sites that have some fantastic & unique gift ideas! If you are like me & like looking for interesting gifts, here's a few of ideas that can take the pressure of finding that perfect present.
 Plus, why not have it delivered to you or the recipients house??
It's always fun to have something arrive at your doorstep!

Decorative Bohemian Style Homewares perfect for...
BIRTHDAY'S/WEDDING/ENGAGEMENT/HOUSEWARMING
A friend and I decided to pop into Cottesloe and take a stroll down Napolean Street to gaze longingly at all the beautiful shops after breakfast a few weeks ago. After wishing we could purchase nearly everything we saw, we were almost at the end when we stopped at a very colourful, festive looking homewares store Gypsiana. At first glance, it looked like one of those stores that are filled with pieces from India where you would expect that cheap stale incense smell as you walked in. However, the closer we got and the more we looked, we were pleasantly suprised to find beautiful, unique designs that are mainly made here in Perth & are inspirations from one amazing local designer,

There are cushions, lamps, mirrors, artwork, rugs, plateware and many other homewares in between, that are rich & vibrantly coloured, with patterns & designs that seem to take you on a journey all over the world. We were lucky enough to come past on a day that Anna actually was in store & I got to speak to her about her beautiful creations. 
Wall Plaques
 Anna draws inspiration for her designs from travelleing the world taking you with her, from the Meditarnian to Mexcio. A unique piece from here would be perfect as a special wedding/engagement present or a beautiful housewarming gift.

Gorgeous Tablecloth!
I purchased a cute little vase for my cousin's birthday (very top picture - wrapped by Gypsiana, gift tag from My French Laundry) but ended up buying a few presents for myself aswell : ) Couldn't resist! I fell in love with a beautiful cushion & spotted a festive looking table cloth aswell!

My "pop of colour" cushion
There are so many designs to choose from and you can actually have pieces custom made. You pick a design for your choice of homeware and within 7-10 days, you'll have your own piece to suit your house or for the person your buying for. Alternatively, purchase a Gift Voucher for a present, so the person can choose what suits them! They have 2 premises to browse through - Gypsiana in Cottesloe and their main one in Osborne Park. I highly recommend this store for creative homewares & unique pieces that will get people asking "where did you get that from??"

Beautiful, Feminine, Little Luxuries with a French Twist perfect for...
BIRTHDAY'S/MOTHER'S DAY/HENS/KITCHEN-TEAS/THANK-YOU'S/HOUSEWARMING

I've posted about this online shopping destination before, but feel the need to post again! It is just superb for gift ideas! My French Laundry has so many beautiful ideas including stunning French gift wrap to candles. The prices are VERY reasonable & there is always some type of special on the Facebook Page so stocking up on a few of the same item is not a bad idea either.The FB page is also a great way to see what's new & to easily communicate with the very gracious, prompt, Glyn (owner). I stocked up on some beautiful Gift Tags ($2.50) which can make a present just that little bit more special. These would look lovely on gifts, wrapped in brown paper, tied with brown string. I will also be purchasing a sample box of Body Powders & French Washing Powders soon so I can pop a sample sachet into birthday/thank-you/get-well cards as a little extra something!! So inexpensive & turns a simple card into something more special!!

Special gift tag's - Blank on the back to write a message
Another little gift idea are the Vintage Purses. I hate taking an actual bag when I'm out & about doing shopping, running errands, heading to the movies, yoga etc, so have found my new purse to be my new best friend. It is the perfect size to fit your phone, cash/cards, lip balm, keys & even my face mist. I have been stopped in a shop in regards to where I have got it from twice! At the price of $25, it is such a lovely little gift for a girlfriend, mum or sister (although I purchased it for $20 due to a Facebook special). Pair this up with a sachet of French Washing Powder inside, wrapped & finished with the little gift tags, you can't go wrong!


100% Natural, 100% Organic, Beauty/Body/Home Products perfect for...
BIRTHDAYS/MOTHER'S DAY/BABIES/GET WELL'S/ECO CONSCIOUS

Again, another site I have posted about previously, but I want to post about 
BABY GIFTS now!! I have never really been an online shopper until a few months ago when I discovered Peachy Clean. I have really been enjoying the ease of purcahsing online & having items delievered to your doorstep.

Vanessa Megan Mum & Baby Gift Set
My girlfriend just had a baby boy & because I was unable to see her straight away, I had delivered to her home, a beautiful little baby gift set. Newborns usually receive so many clothes & toys that either don't get used, or they grow out of, where as bodycare products (designed for new mum's & bubz) tend to get missed in the present choosing. My friend is very much into chemical free products (she is a naturopath) & is wanting to start baby massage... enter Vanessa Megan. These Mum & Bub products are just the perfect, practical, yet a different type of baby gift. I chose the Bubba Bath & Massage Oil and Nip Nip Nipple Balm (safe for babies during breastfeeding).There's also Mummy's Tummy Oil & the Baby Bum Bum Balm - I just love the gorgeous creative labelling & the fact that they are toxic-free for bubz : )

Instead of the usual bunch of flowers, perfect for...
BIRTHDAY'S/VALENTINE'S/THANK-YOU'S/AFTERNOON-TEA/HENS/KITHCEN-TEA'S

Who wouldn't want this gift of scrumptious treats???
From Sweet on Cupcakes
I adore Cupcakes. I think a delivery of freshly baked cupcakes delieverd on your birthday is such a fun idea! When my bestie lived in LA, I had delivered a dozen cupcakes from Sprinkles Cupcakes - the world's 1st Cupcake Bakery in Beverly Hills.


Obviously if you don't live in LA, you can't use Sprinkles, but I have used a yummy cupcake bakery Sweet on Cupcakes, for a girlfriend's Hen's Party before. They were an absolute hit, with everyone asking where I got them from! The best thing is if you live in Perth, is that they do delivery across Perth Metro area so you can order for that someone special.
Otherwise, why not bake & decorate your own!!

Hen's Afternoon-Tea
Cupcakes from Sweet on Cupcakes
All these wonderful places/online sites are based in Perth, so if you are local, delivery time is within a few days. Plus both Hayley from Peachy Clean & Glyn from My French Laundry are so lovely to support. The saleswoman in Gypsiana was very friendly & Anna was extremely helpful when it came to helping my friend with her purcha se request.

Hope this gives you some inspiring gift ideas whether it be for yourself or someone else!
HAPPY GIVING (or receiving!!) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment